Hiring Skilled Restoration for Your Wilmington Home Ensures Prompt, Reliable Results
When it Comes to Fire and Smoke Companies, SERVPRO Offers Round the Clock Services Wilmington Homeowners Can Trust
Nestled in the beautiful state of North Carolina, New Hanover County is one of 100 counties in the area. Despite being one of the smaller land area counties within the state, this region is home to over 200,000 citizens. Within New Hanover County, you also have Wilmington, which is one of the largest cities in the entire state.
Created in 1729, New Hanover County is primarily a maritime region with an Atlantic Ocean border on the east with Cape Fear River located to the west. This area has become home to a broad range of incredible historical landmarks, including:
- Cape Fear Civil War Shipwreck
- Wilmington National Cemetery
- Fort Fisher
- Audubon Trolley Station
New Hanover County has a total area of 328 square miles, with 137 square miles made up of water and 192 square miles comprised of land.
Fire and Smoke Damage Companies to the Rescue in Wilmington, NC for Businesses and Homeowners Alike
Any loss for a property owner becomes a significant blow, both from a personal and financial standpoint. As IICRC-certified fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT), we know how to handle a fire damage situation to bring our customers the best results.
SERVPRO of New Hanover is dedicated to community engagement, especially in times of need. We work closely with various local charities to help prevent accidents within the home while fostering well-being throughout the region.
- Through programs like Nourish NC, The American Red Cross, the Wilmington Area Rebuilding Ministry (WARM), and the Wilmington Chamber Foundation, our team is committed to making a difference.
Fire events are devastating for all involved. Our team at SERVPRO of New Hanover works closely with New Hanover County Fire Rescue and other first responders in the region to provide emergency services to all community members. With our 24/7 emergency response team and highly specialized techniques, we have the manpower and expertise to restore your family home or place of business to preloss conditions. Whether you have a blaze at your place of business as significant as the Wilmington Terminal Company fire of 1953 or a small kitchen fire within your condo, you can trust that our skilled technicians will act fast and get the job done.
Common Reasons to Contact Skilled Fire and Smoke Companies for Emergency Service
From communities filled with family homes to populated areas with businesses, this region is not exempt from fire and smoke damage. With fast action and proven methods, fire and smoke companies of New Hanover can lessen the blow and the onset of secondary damage.
- Grease Fires –What may begin as a small fire on a stovetop can turn into something significant in a matter of seconds. If the fire spreads and damages your ceiling or structure, you need restoration and reconstruction by trained technicians. Working with an industry-certified company ensures you can address handle your fire damage accordingly.
- Electrical Fires –Often hidden until they spread into other rooms or floors of your property, an electrical fire is one that calls for careful consideration. It is imperative to have a team that will follow the fire's path to ensure that no area is left unaddressed. Failing to locate all fire damage areas means that corrosive soot and smoke may get left behind in your walls, ceilings, and ductwork.
- Smoke Damage –In some instances, your interior could suffer smoke damage from a fire in a nearby home. Professional restoration crews have various tools at our disposal to handle your soot and smoke removal needs. We employ specialized equipment and stop at nothing to ensure you have the indoor air quality (IAQ) that you deserve.
When faced with a fire inside your home, you must follow a plan of action to get the best results. Before a fire even takes place, these are some tips that will ensure you are thoroughly prepared:
Put a plan into writing as a reminder to make necessary phone calls initiating cleanup so that you do not get overwhelmed.
- Always take pictures of all areas of your home. Having shots of each room allows you to have the documentation you need for your insurance company.
- Gather any receipts and copies of payments you have made on big-ticket items within your home. These essential documents help determine value should you lose these items in a fire.
- All details are critical, so be sure that you are careful with descriptions of items, including serial numbers, if possible.
- Have the name and contact information of a trusted fire and smoke company handy so that you know whom you can call to begin the restoration process.
How Can Fire and Smoke Companies Help Me Recover After a Fire?
Fire recovery and restoration call for meticulous planning and cleanup efforts. Working with our certified specialists at SERVPRO ensures that your Wilmington home is restored to preloss condition, "Like it never even happened." We cover everything within the house to get the results you want, from your carpets and upholstery to insulation and structural elements.
When called for any smoke or fire damage project in Wilmington, we assess the devastation level and adjust our plan accordingly. Some of the advanced equipment that we utilize most for fire incident cleanup includes:
- Deodorizing pellets and gels
- Thermal fogging equipment to seek out embedded particulates and neutralize them
- Ozone machinery best for extreme odor removal situations
- Hydroxyl generators work to alter the chemical nature of odors during the cleanup phase
- Ultra-light volume foggers (ULV) that disperse chemicals which bind to and alter malodor chemical composition
- Sealants and paint primers
Our efforts focus on restoration and reconstruction versus replacement, which sets us apart at SERVPRO of New Hanover. When you need fire and smoke companies that you can trust, you can always look to us for prompt emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us at (910) 762-8180 to deploy a crew to your location.