Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold damage readily occurs after cases of water damage, or when plumbing systems in a building leak. Whether it is a case of slow or sudden proliferation, SERVPRO of New Hanover helps provide the necessary remedial actions to deal with the issue. Our certified AMRT, Applied Microbial Remedial Technicians, can use different approaches to fix the damage "Like it never even happened."
Our strategy involves understanding the lifecycle of the fungi and the extent of the proliferation before we begin containment and removal procedures. Where necessary, our SERVPRO technicians separate the affected areas from other safe zones using plastic sheets. Such separation is vital especially in commercial establishments because it shields employees or clients who use the unaffected sections of the property from mold debris as we restore the affected areas.
At SERVPRO of New Hanover, we understand mold issues can be a nag, so we also focus on preventive measures during remediation. Approaches such as Soda blasting help us achieve long-term results because they kill spores and remove growth traces on surfaces like wood without causing other problems. Removal of hyphae is crucial to mold remediation. We have also invested in dehumidifiers and other drying equipment, which help us address moisture because it is the root of all infestations. Our formulated antimicrobial products are second to none for a positive outcome.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (910) 762-8180
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of New Hanover?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (910) 762-8180
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of New Hanover is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Wilmington community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: