The Real Truth Behind the Correlation Between the Aging Electrical Wiring in Your Wilmington Home and Fire Damage
Faulty Wiring can Cause Fire Damage in Your Wilmington Home
Many Wilmington homeowners have aging properties that got constructed decades ago. Without the steep regulations and required inspections that are a staple of modern construction, many of the building trades went unchecked and unquestioned with their installation of critical systems like electrical wiring. Additionally, the quality and insulation of the wiring itself have improved with time, but older materials remain susceptible to failures such as overheating and shorts that can combust. Faulty wiring is the cause of many fire emergencies throughout the area, and when disaster strikes, you need professionals that can respond quickly.
Once the first responders and firefighters have left your home, you have to assess the full scope of the Wilmington fire damage to know where to begin restoring these effects. Our SERVPRO team can respond 24/7 to give a thorough and honest assessment of the property to determine what restorative practices are necessary, the equipment needed to complete the job, and how many of our IICRC-certified technicians the job requires.
With early stages like debris removal and demolition, our contractors can get a look at the source of the damage and determine where a short might have occurred. While our professionals can rebuild and reconstruct damaged areas of the property, we also have the experience and skill to handle complex building tradecrafts, such as installing new wiring, conduit, and receptacles.
The controlled demolition in your home often coincides with other mitigation tasks performed by our SERVPRO professionals. From cleanup of soot and smoke residues through removing indoor air quality concerns with our hydroxyl generators and ozone machines, we have the expertise and the broad inventory of recovery equipment to make any fire damage situation “Like it never even happened.”
While you might not know about the age or degradation of your electrical wiring throughout your home, you can always trust in our rapid response recovery team to help. Our SERVPRO of New Hanover contractors and certified restoration specialists can help you through every phase of recovering your property after a fire. Give us a call anytime at (910) 762-8180.
Click here for more information about Wilmington.