How Can I Clean Up My Wilmington Home After a Flood?
You Can Count on SERVPRO for Restoration After Flood Damage in Your Wilmington Home
Spring weather often brings a variety of storms, which also bring the potential of flooding in your home. If your property is subject to the fallout from a major storm and flooding, you need to contact the professionals to help with the prompt restoration. The team at SERVPRO knows how unpredictable weather can be, so we have formulated a variety of processes that enable us to help Wilmington homeowners with flood mitigation services quickly and efficiently.
Why Do I Need Professional Restoration Services?
Once you get hit with flood damage in Wilmington, you need to take quick action to mitigate the situation appropriately. Time is of the essence, and even if the water from the flood recedes, it often leaves a lot of bacteria-filled sludge and other contaminants inside your home. This floodwater, known as black water, needs addressing by skilled technicians to ensure your interior is once again safe for your family and pets. All you must do is give our team a call, and we can send out trucks as soon as possible to make it just “Like it never even happened.”
Can I Save My Furniture?
Water impacts mostly everything it touches in your home during a flood situation. Furniture must be removed or put on non-staining wood blocks to lift them off your floors or carpeting to prevent staining. Wood furniture can take on water faster than non-porous materials like metal. Any furniture made from particleboard becomes waterlogged and warped and deteriorates quickly, making them unsalvageable.
We Come Fully Equipped for Water Removal
The right equipment must be available for any Wilmington water cleanup job. When you call us for help with flood damage, our trucks arrive fully equipped with the tools and cleaning products necessary to get the job done. In any home flooding situation, extraction is the most significant step to ensure your home is restored quickly to preloss condition.
- Submersible pumps are excellent in situations where the water in your home is more than two inches deep. We deal with any water removed from your home according to guidelines for your area, which sometimes includes transport via a septic tank company or pumped into the local treated sewer.
- Truck-mounted and portable extractors are also available for rapid water removal. The portable extractors have wands and tanks that hold anywhere between five to twelve gallons of water. The truck-mounted extractors can store up to 100 gallons of water or more. They also have more powerful lift capabilities, making them an excellent choice for water that contains debris.
What Does Controlled Demolition Mean?
Depending on the water levels in your home, controlled demolition might be necessary to complete the restoration process. Our skilled technicians go through the interior, looking for the best places to make flood cuts in your drywall. Water from the flood migrates behind the baseboards and begins wicking up the sheetrock. It is crucial to cut several inches above the saturation level to prevent the onset of dangerous mold. With strategic flood cuts, our team can speed up drying with the help of:
- Air movers to force air into the wall cavities
- Dehumidifiers that work to remove water vapors from the air
- Industrial fans that increase the airflow throughout the home
Why Isn’t the Dehumidifier in My Home Enough?
Consumer-grade dehumidifiers are no match for the professional-grade dehumidification equipment available at SERVPRO.
- Refrigerant Dehumidifiers –Works to keep the air moving through refrigerated coils that help the water vapor to condense, removing it from the air.
- Desiccant Dehumidifiers –Works as air passes over specialized materials like silica gel, which helps to attract and capture the water molecules
Restoration and Deodorization
Floodwater impacted carpeting throughout your home is discarded if deemed unsalvageable. Our skilled technicians can also perform rapid pack-out services to remove your furnishings, personal belongings, and electronics from nearby moisture. We relocate these items to a safe and dry space where moisture is unable to impact it so that everything can be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized using EPA-registered products that are eco-friendly and safe.
No matter the level of flood damage in your home, you can trust in our IICRC-certified technicians at SERVPRO of New Hanover. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Reach us 24/7 for emergency assessment and restoration services by calling (910) 762-8180. We can send out a team as soon as possible!