If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (910) 762-8180

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Professionals Talk About Remediating Grease Fire Damage in Wilmington

5/13/2019 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Professionals Talk About Remediating Grease Fire Damage in Wilmington This shows time lapsed images of pouring water onto a grease fire. Always smother a grease fire.

What You Can Do When a Kitchen Grease Fire Causes Damage in Your Wilmington Home

Everybody uses their stove, but sometimes being ignorant of proper fire-safety can lead to fire damage happening inside of your kitchen. You should always smother grease fires. If a pot of grease catches fire, cut off oxygen by covering it with a lid, or use an extinguisher. However, you should never apply water to a grease fire, as it can cause the fire to turn very violent and spread the fire from your pan to your countertops and cupboards. 

Fortunately for your Wilmington home, the fire damage was contained to one section of your kitchen by your sprinkler system, which snuffed out the fire through the use of powder. Greasy soot from the fire has stained your stove, the wall behind it, the countertops, and the cupboards. Furthermore, your kitchen has an unpleasant odor that is associated with something burning. To remediate all of these damages and see your kitchen in its pre-burned state again, it is imperative for you to call for help immediately.  

When you call SERVPRO, we always make getting to you promptly a priority. As soon as you call and explain your problem, we begin to assemble a team of highly trained technicians. Very soon after your call, our technicians travel to your home, bringing specifically created supplies to remediate fire damage.  

Our SERVPRO techs clean off the impacted stove and countertops, removing any burnt material. From there, we empty your cupboard and carefully pack your glassware away for thorough cleaning. SERVPRO uses a custom-created cleaning solution designed specifically to combat smoke damage and soot. 

Our technicians also use a spray-and-wipe method repeatedly to remove the soot from the surfaces of your kitchen. Our formula is lubricative and lifts the grime away from the impacted surface. To combat the malodor, SERVPRO set up a carbon filtered air scrubber to pull the very particles from the air that cause the scent and trap them. By the end of the work, we hope to return your home to you in its preloss condition, free of any reminders of what occurred. 

If a mistake causes a fire inside of your home, never wait for help. Get in touch with SERVPRO of New Hanover by dialing (910) 762-8180. No matter the time, we're always ready to take your call.

Read more about Wilmington here.

Other News

View Recent Posts